Service Advisor Training: Communicating Excellence
with Philip Austin
sponsored by NGK
This service management training is designed for service management professionals who wish to sharpen their communication skills around engine management related systems that the shop has to service, diagnosis, and repair. Perfecting the communication cycle between you, the tech, and the customer.
The class would provide an interactive experience to test the techniques we are using while adapting to some new ones all while helping you be more confident in communicating effectively with the technicians & your customer.
KEY POINTS COVERED
The science behind communication excellence in the automotive service industry when it comes to:
• The power of the 1st impression while gathering vital information
• How effective are you within the Communication Cycle? Let’s put it to the test!
• Handling the WHAT, WHY, WHEN, & HOW MUCH? Let’s put it to the test!
Leveraging the 3 Cs (Condition, Cause, and Correction) approach to improve the authorization count. Especially related to engine management quotes and work orders. The customer perception is that you are the Ignition Specialist and or Sensor Specialist. Here is how we will train you to ensure that:
• Reviewing technical terms, you should know in order to explain them to the customer
o Ignition related & Sensor related
• Applying the 3 Cs to ensure getting authorization for maintenance & repairs from your customers and the extended service warranty companies.
We welcome those service management professionals who wish to keep their edge in being effective communicators. It's open to service advisors, shop managers, shop foremen, shop owners, and or technicians that interact with customers.